[Last few hours to enter my Plant Powered Families Cookbook giveaway!]
Happy Friday, friends! And to all my US readers…it’s almost the Fourth! A day of family, fun, fireworks, and let’s not forget….FOOD.
Will you be grilling out? Hitting up a BBQ? Or having a beach day?
Well regardless of where you’ll be partying it up, there will be food involved and hopefully it’s something delicious. Today I wanted to share a cool, creamy treat I came up recently! It’s light and lemony and perfect for snacking on a hot day. Not to mention it’s also NO BAKE which means you don’t have to turn on the oven and make your house a sauna as the temperature climbs this season.
I am all for quick, easy treats that taste like dessert but are secretly healthy! These Lemon Poppy Seed Bites fit that description to a T.
- 1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder (or vegan protein powder)
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 tbsp apple flour (or more coconut flour)
- 2 tbsp unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tbsp poppy seeds
- ⅛ tsp ginger
- 1 tsp freshly grated lemon zest (about one medium)
- 3 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice (about two medium)
- Blend all ingredients except poppy seeds in a food processor. Place mixture in a bowl and add poppy seeds. Mix until evenly combined. Divide mixture into 4 and place in the freezer to set for a few hours. Remove from freezer and enjoy! Store in the fridge or freezer.
I think you guys will really like these. 🙂
I’ve also rounded up 10 more healthy desserts that can be made for the Fourth! They feature seasonal fruits and flavors, have some patriotic flare, and won’t leave you weighed down after a day of grilling.
A great variety that is sure to please anyone who you’re celebrating with on the Fourth (or just on a Saturday! 😉 )!
Are you a fan of lemon poppy seed treats? I love the muffins!
What’s your favorite red or blue food?
How will you be celebrating the Fourth (or Saturday!)?Stay connected:Subscribe to Healthy HelperFacebook: Healthy HelperTwitter: @Healthy_HelperInstagram: HealthyHelperPinterest: Healthy_HelperBloglovin’: Healthy HelperGoogle+: Healthy HelperTumblr: Healthy Helper BlogSnapchat: KailaProulxWant to get FREE products for review and make money as a blogger? Check out Linqia!
Linking up with: #RecipeFridays, #RecipeOfTheWeek,#StrangeButGood,Gluten-Free Wednesdays, Real Food Friday, Gluten-Free Fridays, Tasty Tuesdays, Tasty Tuesdays, Meatless Mondays, Lena’s Tasty Tuesdays,Foodie Friday, Savoring Saturdays, Full Plate Thursday, Foodie Friday, Healthy Vegan Fridays, Weekend Bites!