A fun ‘get to know me’ survey with creative questions that allow me to share some lesser known things about myself with all of you!
Since it’s the start of a new year and there are a lot of new faces around here, I thought it would be fun to share a little bit about myself with you all! The ‘girl behind the blog‘ if you will. It’s been SO LONG since I’ve done a survey on here and I found this really fun one floating around the blog world the last few weeks.
Read on to get to know a little bit more about the Healthy Helper! 😉
1. What brings you the greatest joy?
Can I name more than one? I think right now my top 3 would be…
- snuggling with my furry friends every night in bed
- running injury free
- spending time with my family and friends just relaxing
Simple…yet so satisfying.
2. What are your vices?
Protein bars. Eeeeep. I have a nasty habit that I am trying DESPERATELY to break.
3. What is on your nightstand?
Pictures of family, perfume, a jewelry stand, old stuffed animals, and race trophies!
4. Do you have a secret talent?
Honestly? Not that I can think of. I’m not double jointed, I can’t wiggle my ears, I can’t roll my tongue into a four-leaf clover, and I can’t burp on command. I guess all my talents are out in the open!
5. What is your greatest indulgence?
- Massages. I get them once every few months and they are legit HEAVEN. I always say if I had more money, I would get one weekly.
- Buying things for my family and friends. I go WAY overboard when it comes to gifts.
6. What should everyone try at least once in their life?
Activity: Running in a race. Whether it’s a 5k or a marathon. Whether you like running or not. There is NOTHING like the atmosphere at a race! They are so fun and you always feel so accomplished afterwards no matter what your time/pace was.
Food: SUSHI! Don’t knock it till you try it.
7. What makes you laugh?
My best friend. My parents. And my furry friends! Watching Ella and Toby play all day together is hysterical. They should have their own YouTube channel! HA!
8. What is one thing people would be surprised to know about you?
I’ll share a few…
- I acted professionally (in theatre) from age 7 to age 18.
- I studied abroad in China and the Philippines.
- My undergrad degree is in Political Science with a concentration in Law & Public Policy.
- I’ve never dyed my hair.
- I sold my car last year and have been car-free ever since!
- I’ve never had a type of seafood that I DON’T like.
- I hate papaya and melon.
- I have a REALLY high pain tolerance.
- I am Italian, Irish, and French.
- I used to be OBSESSED with Nintendo games (mostly Mario ones!) and Lego StarWars when I was younger.
- I don’t have cable and mostly watch YouTube (would you guys want me to do a post on my favorite YT channels?) and Netflix.
- I’ve seen every episode of The Office and LOST multiple times.
9. What is on your bucket list?
SO MANY THINGS. I actually used to have a whole tab on my blog dedicated to my Bucket List. I’ll share a few that have been on my mind lately…
-see Hamilton live on stage
-live somewhere warm for an extended period of time
10. What is on your feet right now?
Socks with holes in the toes and heels. Time for new socks, eh?
11. How did you make your first dollar?
Acting professionally at a local theatre for children and after that….dog walking! I started my own dog walking service in my neighborhood and did it all the way up until high school.
12. What superstition do you believe in?
I always eat the same dinner and breakfast before a race. I always end my runs on .0 or .5 increments. I always stop the microwave before it hits 0.
Also, I 100% think it’s bad luck to order or wear a race jacket (like the ones for the Boston Marathon) before you’ve actually completed the race. The 2018 Boston Marathon race jackets were released a few weeks back and I saw that a TON of people were already ordering theirs. NUTS!! Race day is never given…so I would never order jacket unless I have for sure completed the event.
13. What items in your closet do you wear the most?
Definitely all my running/athletic wear. Working from home has its perks…one them being not having to dress up like a real person everyday! LOL
14. What is the best gift you’ve ever received?
My mom coming with me to my first marathon. Having her there to support me seriously meant the WORLD to me. She got an awesome video of my finish too!
15. What is on your liquor shelf?
Liquor shelf? Naaaaah. Your girl’s got a protein powder closet instead! 😉
16. What is on your kitchen counter?
WAY TOO MANY appliances (and my kitten! 😉 ). But the most used ones are my Vitamix, my coffee maker (DUH!), and my food processor.
17. What would you never leave home without?
My phone and my earbuds (gotta always have access to a podcast!). My FitBit. My keys. Comfy shoes.
And with that, I am off to the happiest place on Earth!
NO SERIOUSLY! My mom and I are taking a girls trip to Disney World until next Tuesday! See you all when I get back. 🙂 Be sure to follow along on Instagram for a peek inside the magic.
Share something I don’t know about YOU in the comments!Stay connected:Subscribe to Healthy HelperFacebook: Healthy HelperTwitter: @Healthy_HelperInstagram: HealthyHelperPinterest: Healthy_HelperBloglovin’: Healthy HelperGoogle+: Healthy HelperTumblr: Healthy Helper BlogSnapchat: KailaProulxWant to get FREE products for review and make money as a blogger? Check out Linqia!