Use the above code when checking out on their site and you will instantly receive 15% off your purchase! Thanks so much to great people over at Jay Robb. I know I will be taking advantage of this offer.
So I have officially decided that ONO topped with fruit softserve is my favorite breakfast ever. I have already had it 3 times this week and have been craving it EVERYday! Its just so delicious.
I know it makes for boring blog photos but I just can’t help it lol. I really think the toppings that I put on make the bowl…..they just blend so well together and with the creaminess of the ONO and softserve. Such a wonderful summery meal.
I had work again today…it was pretty uneventful…..no horror stories to report. But sadly I had no reading material because my 3rd PLL book wasnt in yet, or so I thought. Just as I left work I got a call from the bookstore saying my book was here. Greaaaat. Three hours (at work) I could have spent reading (Thursday is a slooow day), were spent basically twiddling my thumbs.
Either way I was still really excited to pick up Perfect and am already a few chapters in. Its already so good. I just can’t put down this series for some reason. I love it! I think I am equally addicted to the series because it is a lot different from the books…so its like learning two different stories that are equally interesting!
Lunch was made up of leftovers again:
I used the lentil burgers from yesterday as a yummy salad topper, some veg and humus, a big bowl of cereal (breakfast, again!), and a grapefruit <- love my summertime citrus..so refreshing!
Here’s my recipe for lentil burgers that I promised for you all:
Spicy Kale Lentil Burgers
• 2 cups red lentils
• 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
• sprinkles of your favorite herbs: basil, thyme, oregano, etc.
• 1 tsp. chili powder
• 1-2 tsp. ground cumin
• 1/2 tsp. coriander
• 1/2 tsp. black pepper
• 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper and mixed Italian herbs (each)
• 1 large sweet potato, baked, peeled, mashed
• 1-2 cups frozen kale, thawed, drained well, chopped small
• 1/2 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
1) Combine lentils in a large soup pot. Add water to cover by 3 inches. Boil until lentils are very tender and mashable. Drain water from lentils and discard bay leaf. Transfer lentils to a large bowl and cool.
2) Then add seasonings. Stir with lentils until well blended.
3) Bake sweet potato(s) in oven or microwave. Cool, peel, and coarsely mash. Add mashed potato to lentil mixture and mix well.
4) Chop kale, squeeze with your hands to make as dry as possible, then add to mixture
5) Add breadcrumbs and using both hands, form mixture into balls. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
6) Heat in non-stick pan with small amount of olive oil or baked in oven on parchment paper until hot and crispy at 350 for 20-30 minutes (I baked mine). Flip over at the half-way point. Freeze any extras for a fast meal in the future.
My mom and me took Ella to the dog park when she got home from work…but because of the heat she was tuckered out in about ten minutes. She did make some new friends however, a cute pug mix and a havanese.
Afterwards, we went DRIVING!! I love driving and can’t wait to get my license. Boy, I need to start saving for a car. My dream car is a baby blue convertible Volkswagen Beatle.
Anyways, back to the theme of this post. I had breakfast foods at least 3 times today…..but I am NOT complaining . My dad had a baseball game tonight so my mom and I were on our own and decided breakfast for dinner sounded perfect.
I had a 4 egg white puff with feta and topped with salsa, two pieces of Ezekiel cinnamon raisin toast (cut into strips for dipping action) with greek yogurt dip, some roasted broc, and a Green Monster juice. Delicious and nutritious. Breakfast is the perfect start and end to your day (or at least for me it is).
After dinner I did Jillian Michael’s Day 1 30 day shred on excercise TV. This got my heart pumping and was a great way to get in a little excercise for the day!
For a snack tonight I dove into my bar stash and decided to try out a fruit bar from Betty Lou’s. Wow, I am so glad I did.
This little bar, which is 100% fruit sweetened, tasted like a freshly baked buttery, doughy biscuit filled with sweet ooey gooey fruit. So good. I could have eaten like 6 more of these things. The cherry flavor was out of this world as well! It tasted like the cherry cheesecake my mom makes for special occasions. Oh yum. Note to self: get more of these as soon as my samples are gone. Will do!
I just watched So You Think You Can Dance, I have never really followed it before but I think I might have to start. The dancing was incredible….definitely some of the most impressive dance skills I have ever seen! I would love to learn how to dance…maybe there is a dance class in my future?
Do any of you dance out there or take lessons? I used to when I was little but I never really got into it. But as I get older I notice that I am taking interest in activities I used to do when I was younger (i.e. horseback riding, dancing.).
Well goodnight lovelies!