WE MADE IT PEOPLE! WE SURVIVED THE END OF THE WORLD!!!
Hahaha….yeaaaah about that.
Well, in honor of “the world ending” I set out yesterday to conquer my farthest and longest run ever. I figured if the world was gonna end I might as well challenge myself!
*10.21 miles in 1:19 minutes*
And it definitely was a challenge! But so worth it!
I was so excited after finishing this run! My first double digit run EVER!
I have a special treat for you all today! A round-up of some great Summer recipes from around the blog world + a little “Here Comes Summer” Giveaway at the end! Party time!
(note: all the pictures of the recipes in this link love post are from the respective blogs mentioned)
Angela’s Raw Triple Berry Crisp
Berries just scream summer to me!
Julie’s Cucumber Salad
Cucumbers are so light and refreshing…perfect for summer!
Erika’s Blueberry Magdelena’s
Blueberries?!? Hello! The quintessential summer fruit!
Kathleens Favorite Humus!
Humus is the perfect summer snack food!
Tiff’s Mediterranean Veggie Bowl
A light summery salad!
Tori’s Portobella Mushroom Burgers
Perfect for grilling up on a nice summer night!
Hollie’s Pumpkin Enchiladas
Hot summer weather always has me craving Mexican food!
Carrie’s Vegan Ranch Dressing
Perfect topper for all those fresh summer salads!
Mama Peas Cake Batter Smoothie
Cake. Batter. Smoothie? Nuff Said.
Tara’s Glazed Clementine Poppyseed MuffinsClementines are so perfect for a little pick me up! And in muffin form? Even better.
Christina’s Shrimp Ceviche Shrimp is a great summer seafood. Grilled, baked, sauteed, or in a great salad like this!
And now a few of my own summer-y recipes!
- lettuce (as much as you want)
- 1/4 red pepper, diced
- 1/3 cucumber, diced
- 1/2 pear, sliced and diced
- 3 tbsp red onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons feta
- 3 tbsp plain greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- Leave a comment telling me what Summer recipe sounds best to you!
- Follow me on twitter and leave a comment telling me you did!
- Tweet the following: @Healthy_Helper is having an awesome giveaway! Check it out! http://healthyhelperblog.com/2011/05/22/summer-recipe-…nd-up-giveaway
- Add me to your blog roll and tell me you did so!
- Link back to this post in one of your own posts!