Dense, delicious blondies bursting with sweet chai flavor! These Vanilla Chai Blondies are vegan, gluten-free, sugar-free, and high in plant-based protein. With only 3 ingredients, they are incredibly easy to make and even more yummy to eat!
Can you believe I’ve been OFF coffee lately? I just don’t have a taste for it and it’s the weirdest thing. Instead, I’ve been reaching for green tea, chamomile, and my favorite…CHAI!
If you read this post, you know I LOVE chai flavored things! It’s just do full of flavor, bold spices, and sweetness! I’ve been seeking out chai flavored things everywhere I look. Chai lattes. Chai scones. Chai concentrate for making tea at home. Chai overnight oats. It’s just all so good!
So you know when I came across Vanilla CHAI protein powder, I had to get some! Bonus points for it being vegan, gluten-free, and naturally sweetened.
I tried the protein powder on its own and fell in love. So smooth and thick! Amazing in smoothies and even better mixed into oats. But the true test of a good protein powder for me is if it BAKES well.
Of course I had to find out for myself. The first thing that came to my mind to make was some sort of blondie. Protein blondies to be exact! I love making blondies with protein powder because they give them even more dense, delicious texture. And this Vanilla Chai Protein Blondie recipe reaffirms that!
- 155 grams chickpeas (about 1 cup), rinsed and drained
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 110 grams vegan Vanilla Chai protein powder, about 1 cup (I used Plant Fusion)
- 3 tbsp water or non-dairy milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a loaf pan with parchment or spray well with cookie spray. In a food processor, combine chickpeas and applesauce. Place chickpea mixture in a bowl. Add protein powder and water. Mix with your hands until a thick dough forms. Press dough into the prepared loaf pan. Sprinkle with cinnamon, if desired. Bake for 40 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool on wire rack before slicing and serving. Store in the fridge.
With only 3 simple ingredients, these Vanilla Chai Protein Blondies are easy to make, full of plant-based protein, and make a tasty snack when you want something dessert-like. I love them as post workout snacks or when I want something sweet, yet satisfying! The high protein content makes them ideal for curbing your sweet tooth, but also for keeping you satiated longer than a snack with just sugar and simple carbs.
A snack win all across the boards. You just can’t beat treats that are healthy AND yummy to eat!
Are you a coffee person or a tea drinker?
Do you like chai flavored foods?
Have you ever had a blondie before?Stay connected:Subscribe to Healthy HelperFacebook: Healthy HelperTwitter: @Healthy_HelperInstagram: HealthyHelperPinterest: Healthy_HelperBloglovin’: Healthy HelperGoogle+: Healthy HelperTumblr: Healthy Helper BlogSnapchat: KailaProulxWant to get FREE products for review and make money as a blogger? Check out Linqia!