I love the quote “not everyday is a good day but there is something good in every day.” Not every day is going to be 100% enjoyable. In fact, hour to hour the day’s mood can change. When things seem to be going wrong, like you just can’t catch a break, or that the whole world is against you, stop for a moment to consider the small things you can do to change things.
You are ultimately in control of your own destiny and you alone have the power to make yourself feel better. Self care and self love are so important. There are small things you can do each day to practice those essential aspects of life.
Today I’m sharing 66 (random…but 6 is my favorite number!) simple ways you can make yourself feel better when you’re just not feeling your best. Some are silly, some are practical…but all of them meet a need that may not be consistently filled in your life. And let’s face it, we could all use a little more compassion, grace, and gentleness towards ourselves.
1. Go outside and put your bare feet in the grass.
2. Grab your own butt. You know it looks good.
3. Take yourself out to a movie.
4. Splurge on that name brand shampoo at the store. You deserve it.
5. Go bra-free for the day (or maybe the whole weekend).
6. Sip a cup of tea mid-morning.
7. Take a mental health day from work.
8. Make yourself your favorite childhood lunch.
9. Write a letter to future you.
10. DANCE in your kitchen.
11. Attend a fun, boutique fitness class.
12. Bake cookies just for the house-filling smell (and the eating of course!).
13. Wake up early on a Saturday and head to a farmer’s market.
14. Sleep past your alarm.
15. Buy yourself a bouquet of flowers.
16. Treat yourself to a coffee shop cup of joe and a warm pastry.
17. Call your girlfriends for a night on the town.
18. Drink water throughout the day.
19. Paint your nails your favorite color.
20. Give yourself a butterfly hug.
21. Write out a list of 5 things you’re grateful for in this moment.
22. Eat a meal slowly and savor the taste.
23. Call your mom (or someone else you love talking to).
24. Go for the large hot bar box at Whole Foods. 😉
25. Wake up in the morning and say you love yourself out loud.
27. Allow yourself a few free hours to browse your favorite store.
28. Give yourself a massage.
29. Better yet, go indulge in a professional massage.
30. Donate money to cause you care about.
31. Look in the mirror and tell yourself you look fierce (growl and scratching hand movement optional).
32. Stay regular with doctors appointments.
33. Listen to a postive podcast.
35. Pour yourself into a new hobby.
36. Take a class. that interests you.
37. Read SOMETHING every day.
38. Buy yourself clothes that fit.
39. Speak your mind and share your opinion in a new group setting.
40. Buy a new piece of art to hang in your home.
41. Bring pictures of your loved ones for your desk at work.
42. Eat foods that nourish…AND that you enjoy.
43. Look up a little more often.
44. Touch something soft.
45. Love on some animals.
46. Stay in your pajamas all day.
47. Take yourself out to dinner.
48. Let yourself feel real emotion…cry laugh smile.
49. Watch your favorite movie.
50. Get your hair
51. Belt out tunes alone in your car.
52. Take the first spoonful of a fresh jar of peanut butter.
53. Browse the inspirational quotes page on Pinterest.
54. Cook a meal from scratch.
55. Embrace a message from the universe everyday.
56. Tell yourself: YOU matter.
57. Sit up straight.
58. Walk tall.
59. Keep your space free of physical and mental clutter.
60. Light a candle of your favorite scent.
61. Take a walk…phone free.
62. Have a snack.
63. Practice stress reducing techniques.
64. Get some sun.
65. Clean your sheets.
66. Go out for ice cream.
One more thing I’ve been doing everyday to make myself feel better mentally and physically? Nourishing my body. Over the past few weeks that’s meant extra snacks, honoring my hunger, and getting in extra calories wherever I can. The new Berry Almond Nutmilk from Naked have really been helping me with that.
Unlike their original line of juices, these babies are PACKED with protein, healthy fat, and a good amount of calories that’s perfect for boosting your nutrition for the day. I love these after a morning workout or just when I need to steady my blood sugar. I find myself getting slightly hungry between breakfast and lunch, so in addition to my normal snack I’ve been downing one of these to keep me properly fueled and focused. Nothing like quick, satisfying energy in a bottle! In each bottle there are 26 blueberries, 8 blackberries, 2 raspberries, 1 strawberry, 24 almonds, 1 3/4 apples and 1/3 banana. Also, ALL Naked products are no added sugar and preservative free!
They’re the perfect, healthy alternative to a supplement (which I can’t stand!) and they taste amazing. Sweet, fresh berry flavor and thick, creaminess from the almond milk. I’ve been drinking them ICE COLD straight from the bottle, but I’ve also tried them as the liquid for a bowl of cereal….AMAZING. I can see any one who is active and on-the-go being able to easily incorporate these into their diet! Fruits and veggies are so important but not everyone always has the time chop, slice, cook or blend them. Naked Juice provides you the convenient option to make sure you are getting your daily dose of goodness.
I was also sent some coupons from Naked so I was able to try a few other varieties in their line of drinks….
The Chia Cherry Lime was my favorite out of this bunch!
Let’s face it, adding something simple, whole, and delicious to your day is bound to make you feel better! So armed with these 66 tips and these new drinks from Naked, you’re bound to start feeling better no matter what situation you find yourself in.
How do you make yourself feel better when you’re feeling down?
Which one of these 66 tips could you see yourself using?
What’s your go-to for a quick, convenient source of energy?
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.Stay connected:Subscribe to Healthy HelperFacebook: Healthy HelperTwitter: @Healthy_HelperInstagram: HealthyHelperPinterest: Healthy_HelperBloglovin’: Healthy HelperGoogle+: Healthy HelperTumblr: Healthy Helper BlogSnapchat: KailaProulxWant to get FREE products for review and make money as a blogger? Check out Linqia!