Take a creamy, dreamy escape to the tropics with a bowl of this Vegan Pina Colada Ice Cream! Topped with toasted coconut muesli, this sweet, no-churn ice cream will be your new favorite warm weather treat. Gluten-free, refined sugar-free, and no ice cream maker required!
When the weather heats up there is nothing I crave more than cold, creamy treats. Smoothies, frozen coffee drinks, and of course, ICE CREAM become staples in my everyday eats. I honestly think I’ve had a bowl of ice cream almost everyday since June. And I don’t plan on stopping any time soon since today is National Ice Cream Day!
That’s right…a WHOLE DAY dedicated to one of my all time favorite treats and, arguably, the quintessential food of summer. Warm weather and ice cream go together like PB&J. And I happen to love PB&J. 😉
I’ve had my fair share of ice cream over the years, but when I really think about it, I’ve never attempted to make a homemade version. Sure, I did the plastic bag with ice and salt “tossing” method when I was little (that always resulted in a milkshake-like final product 😝), but if we’re talking legit ice cream, then it never happened in my own kitchen. Until now, that is!
Inspired by my love of warm weather and the new Paleo muesli from Bob’s Red Mill, I decided to make a tropical treat that will take your tastebuds on a vacation whenever you make it. Pina Colada Ice Cream with Toasted Coconut Muesli!
Have you tried Bob’s new Paleo muesli cups? They are full of real, whole food ingredients like coconut, sunflower seeds, cashews, sliced almonds, macadamia nuts, and unsweetened dried fruits! I love having them cold mixed with creamy cashew milk or mixed in with plant-based yogurt. Not paleo? They also have GF versions that contain oats and taste amazing warm.
Toasting the muesli with a little coconut oil and sprinkling it on this Pina Colada Ice Cream takes the treat to next level deliciousness! Cold and creamy meets crunchy and sweet! Perfect combo.
- Ice cream:
- 1 can of full fat can coconut milk, left in the fridge overnight to chill
- 1 cup fresh pineapple chunks
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- ½ tsp vanilla bean powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 tbsp vodka
- Muesli topping:
- 1 container of Bob’s Red Mill Paleo Muesli
- 2 tsp coconut oil, melted
- In a food processor, add coconut milk, pineapple, maple syrup, vanilla, vodka, and sea salt. Blend until smooth. Place mixture in a bowl and chill for 1-2 hours in the refrigerator. Add chilled mixture to a freezer-safe container and freeze. Once every hour, remove from freezer and stir/whisk the mixture to incorporate air. Repeat until mostly firm (about 6-8 hours). Then continue freezing until completely firm before serving.
- While ice cream is freezing, place muesli in a small bowl and coat with coconut oil. Spread mixture on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes at 350 degrees, watching closely and stirring every few minutes until muesli is golden and toasted.
- Allow muesli to cool before topping the ice cream and serving!
My Pina Colada Ice Cream is vegan, gluten-free, and paleo-friendly! Made simply with coconut milk, fruit, and topped with perfectly toasted Bob’s Red Mill Paleo Muesli, this healthy dessert will be your new favorite way to satisfy your sweet tooth, cool off during the summer, AND celebrate National Ice Cream Day!
Will you be celebrating National Ice Cream Day?
What’s your favorite kind of ice cream?
Are you a cone or a dish person?Stay connected:Subscribe to Healthy HelperFacebook: Healthy HelperTwitter: @Healthy_HelperInstagram: HealthyHelperPinterest: Healthy_HelperBloglovin’: Healthy HelperGoogle+: Healthy HelperTumblr: Healthy Helper BlogSnapchat: KailaProulxWant to get FREE products for review and make money as a blogger? Check out Linqia!
Thanks to Bob’s Red Mill for sponsoring this tasty post!