Now I know what you’re thinking…clams?! But before you judge, hear me out. This dish is incredible! It’s so simple to make yet BURSTING with amazing flavor! So if you’re feeling a little adventurous and feel like veering away from your typical red sauce or meat sauce on pasta…..THIS IS FOR YOU!
White Clam Sauce Pasta
- 1 lb whole wheat pasta
- 1 bunch asparagus , ends snapped off and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 6 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 3 cans of clams, drained with 1/2 cup liquid reserved
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 jarred hot cherry peppers, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp coconut olive oil spread (such as Olivio brand), any vegetable based buttery spread, or unsalted butter
- 1 cup italian parsley, chopped
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package directions. Add asparagus during last 4 minutes of cooking. Drain and set aside.
While pasta is cooking, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook for 2 minutes until just starting to color, stirring so that garlic doesn’t burn.
Add clam juice and cook 1 min. Stir in drained clams, lemon juice, cherry peppers, and salt. Cook 1 min or until heated through. Stir in butter and parsley.
Toss pasta and asparagus with the sauce. Drizzle with olive oil if desired and serve immediately. Sprinkle with romano cheese!
Let me know if you try this recipe out for yourself! I’d love you to share this dish with your families! It’s such a great comforting meal for me and I am sure you’d get as much joy as I get from eating it if you tried it out. 🙂