Soft, doughy bites of yumminess with a secret veggies ingredient! These Cinnamon Bagel Bites are perfect for popping on the go or topping with your favorite breakfast spreads. Gluten-free, high protein, and low-carb!
I mentioned on Instagram the other day that I CANNOT believe it’s almost back-to-school season! How crazy is that!?
I am starting to see the yellow school buses practicing their routes, the back-to-school supplies taking over stores, and lots of ‘first day of school’ pictures flooding my facebook feed.
Since I go to grad school year round August/September don’t really feel like back-to-school season for me anymore! But I know for many of you (including you teachers out there!), this times of year signals back to routine, set schedules, and a LOTS of work.
Soon the days of lazy summer mornings and relaxed breakfasts will be gone and replaced with hectic wake ups. But it doesn’t necessarily have to be that way! With a little pre-planning and the right recipe, your morning can run A LOT smoother and you can still get in the fuel you need to keep you energized for a long day ahead.
I know when I was in undergrad, and even high school, having a healthy grab n’ go option for breakfast was CRUCIAL to getting my day started on the right track. I always have prioritized breakfast, but sometimes you just don’t have time to make an extravagant, complicated meal. You need something quick, easy, and preferably PRE-MADE.
Sometimes I like reaching for my Brain Boosting Breakfast Trail Mix (a favorite among many ever since I shared that easy recipe!), but I figured it was time to offer up another option for on the go eating!
That’s how my Cinnamon Bagel Bites came to be!
Sure you could by pre-packaged bagel bites at the store. However, most times they’re lacking in taste and nutrition! These bites have both. PLUS, they have a secret veggie ingredient making them EVER better for you! Can you guess what it is?
Cinnamon Bagel Bites
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Yield: 18 bagel bites 1x
- Category: Breakfast Foods
- 1 cup roughly chopped cauliflower or 3/4 cup cauliflower rice (about 110 grams)
- 1 cup oat flour (about 100 grams)
- 3/4 cup fat-free vanilla Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 egg whites
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Pulse cauliflower in a food processor until reduced to the consistency of coarse breadcrumbs. (Even if you begin with cauliflower rice, don’t skip this step!)
- Place cauliflower crumbs in a large microwave-safe bowl; cover and microwave for 2 minutes. Uncover and stir. Re-cover and microwave for another 2 minutes, or until hot and soft.
- Transfer to a fine-mesh strainer to drain and cool, about 10 minutes.
- Using a clean dish towel (or paper towels), firmly press out as much liquid as possible.
- Return cauliflower crumbs to the large bowl. Add all remaining ingredients and egg whites. Thoroughly mix.
- Evenly form into 18 balls (about 1 1/2 tbsp. each), and place on the baking sheet, evenly spaced.
- Brush the tops with more egg whites, if desired.
- Bake until tops are golden brown and insides are cooked through, 8-10 minutes.
Gluten-free, low-fat, and high in protein…these bagel bites are your answer to a quick, healthy, back to school (or work!) breakfast option. You’re getting everything you need all in an easy to pack/transport food.
What I like about them is that they are so easy to munch on the run and you can even top/spread them with your favorite bagel toppings! I like a bit of butter and extra cinnamon on top of mine. 🙂
So yes, back to school season is coming up quick…but things don’t have to be all bad! We can look forward to embracing this time of year well prepared with yummy food to fuel our busy days ahead!
What are your favorite quick breakfasts or snacks to pack for busy days?
Are you heading back to school in some capacity this fall?
What’s your favorite thing to top bagels with?Stay connected:Subscribe to Healthy HelperInstagram: HealthyHelperFacebook: Healthy HelperTwitter: @Healthy_HelperPinterest: Healthy_HelperBloglovin’: Healthy HelperTumblr: Healthy Helper BlogSnapchat: KailaProulxCheck out my travel photography on Pixels and Etsy! Shop with me on Amazon. Favorite products, fun finds, and more! Want to get FREE products for review and make money as a blogger? Check out Linqia!Vacation budget a little tight? Get a discount on your AirBnB booking!