An update on what’s going on in my busy life as well as a fun blog survey to fill my readers in on some little known details!
Long time no life update, huh?
Usually I use WIAW posts to give you all a lil’ update on what’s going on in my life, but since I haven’t done one of those in weeks (months?) it’s been a while since I filled you in! (PS: there will be a WIAW next week!)
Lots of changes have been happening lately friends. Mostly good stuff actually so I am excited to share!
First I’m going to just give you some bullet points about life lately and then I have a fun ‘currently’ survey to share with you that will fill in some of the gaps! Hope you like catching up with me, myself, and I! 😉
So life. Here’s what’s up lately.
- I am running again. | After about a two months break from it earlier this summer, I am FINALLY back to regular running. Sure, I’m not as fast as I once was, but I am slowly making my way back and really enjoying the process as I go. Speaking of which, I actually ran my longest post-break run the other day! It was awesome and really rekindled my love for the sport. In fact, I am actually starting the process of planning a virtual 10k for the Run10Feed10 charity race series I am a part of! Stay tuned for details about how you can sign up and ‘race’ with me!
- I am gaining weight. | About a month ago, I made the decision to make a dedicated effort at gaining weight. I haven’t been comfortable with my size in a long time, and I am SO HAPPY to say I’ve made a ton a of progress. So far I’ve gained about 10 pounds and I am NOT stopping. I love feeling more comfortable in my body and feeling less scrawny.
- I am getting stronger. | If you read the blog last year, you know I took part in my first ever REAL lifting program. Well, along with the weight gain, I want to get stronger too! So I am doing that same plan over again. Unfortunately I lost a lot of the strength I gained during that program since I didn’t keep up with heavy lifting. So I am excited to get back into the weights section of the gym and really see those gains in strength. Love feeling strong again!
- I have a new job. | THIS is probably the most exciting news! I am now a Service Boss at local bistro and juice bar in my city! It’s an amazing atmosphere and I LOVE my fellow workers. The whole environment is just what I’ve always wanted in a job. It’s super fast paced, we are always on the go, and always on our feet…but it’s fun, rewarding, and worth it at the end of every shift. I am also learning so much and even plan on helping them a bit with their social media marketing and menu planning! So pumped about this new endeavor.
- I am EXHAUSTED. | See new job. 😉 The hours are super long and on top of my other job (yep, two jobs at this point!) I am pretty tired at the end of the day. But ya know what? It feels really good to be working hard and feeling accomplished. 🙂
- I am eating more than I ever have. | See weight gain. Trying to gain weight means eating more. But not only eating more, but eating differently. I’ve been expanding my range of eats and really enjoying all the new foods I’ve been consuming lately! Food is fun when you don’t take it so seriously.
- I am on Snapchat. | Are you?! I finally jumped on the Snapchat bandwagon after having an unused account for way too long. Now I am actually using my account and really enjoying it! It’s such a fun way to interact with you all and I love giving you inside sneak peeks at my daily life, workouts, and eats! Follow me at KailaProulx or scan my snapcode…
Okay, now for that survey!
Not too much actually! I am so busy lately that reading has taken a backseat. It’s unfortunate because I LOVE reading! Especially in the summer! I’ll share the last book I finished which was Body Punishment by Maggie Lamond Simone. So powerful. So good. Especially for anyone that suffers with OCD and/or anxiety.
Currently Listening To
All sorts of podcasts! You know I’m a podcast fiend, so I share a few of the ones I’m loving most lately….
-The Rich Roll Podcast
-You Made it Weird (always)
-Let it Out with Katie Dalebout
-The Fuck It Diet Radio
-Undisclosed (they’re on season 2 now!!!)
A good mix of serious stuff and hilarious stuff like usual! 😉
Also, I’ve been jamming out to Pandora during workouts. I stopped storing music on my phone a few years ago so I love being able to make custom stations on Pandora. There’s an awesome PopFitness station that’s really upbeat for workouts!
Anything quick, easy to make, and filling. AKA a lot of this.
Lots of nuts, bars, and protein shakes, too. Gotta keep the energy up.
Also, ICE CREAM. Like non-stop ice cream lately. It’s the only thing I crave in this heat.
ALL THE ICED COFFEE AND FRAPPUCINOS! All of them. Especially iced coffee with coconut water for those extra electrolytes.
Not as much as I would like unfortunately! Work is no joke. By the time I get home from a shift, I am starving and just want to make something I can prepare and have on the table in less than ten minutes.
Currently Dreaming About
Moving to Arizona! Did I mention that? 😉 Oh yeah! I’ll be moving there before grad school starts next year!
Currently Indulging In
Watching my favorite YouTube channels and putting my feet up! I really need to do another post about my favorite YouTubers. I’ve subscribed to a lot of new ones since my last post featuring them!
Just like I love my podcasts, I follow a ton of shows too! Too many to name in fact. So instead I’ll just share two series that I finished this summer and LOVED. The new season of Orange is the New Black (omg talk about cliffhanger) and Stranger Things. Both on Netflix and both AWESOME. Stranger Things has been described as ET meets the Goonies…so you know it was bound to be good. 🙂
Currently Excited About
Life in general. Making new friends. Getting out into the world more. THRIVING. I finally feel like I’m coming into my own and I don’t want this positivity to end. It’s awesome and I can only hope it continues on for a while. I am due for a streak of good. 😉
Another pet! Is that a craving? More like an urge I guess. But I really (REALLY) want to get Ella a friend. There were even some puppies for sale in my area recently (chihuahua-shitzu mixes) that I was SO tempted to get. I just don’t have the amount of time or energy needed to take care of a new pup right now, unfortunately. It wouldn’t be fair to bring a lil’ one into my hectic life! So I’ll have to keep dreaming for now and hold on to this ‘craving’ when I am in a different place in life.
Give me one ‘currently’ of your own!
Tell me one exciting thing about your life lately!
Any book or TV show recommendations for me?Stay connected:Subscribe to Healthy HelperFacebook: Healthy HelperTwitter: @Healthy_HelperInstagram: HealthyHelperPinterest: Healthy_HelperBloglovin’: Healthy HelperGoogle+: Healthy HelperTumblr: Healthy Helper BlogSnapchat: KailaProulxWant to get FREE products for review and make money as a blogger? Check out Linqia!
Linking up with: Allergy Free Wednesdays, #RecipeOfTheWeek,#StrangeButGood,Real Food Friday, Gluten-Free Fridays,Tasty Tuesdays,Savoring Saturdays, Healthy Vegan Fridays, Tasty Tuesdays, Meatless Mondays,Full Plate Thursday, JillConyers,Meatless Mondays!