Rich chocolate combines with delicious peanut butter for the ultimate brownie experience. Vegan, gluten-free, high in plant-based protein, and SO easy to make.
Sometime the most unexpected ingredients can combine to make the most delicious recipes.
I love baking with them because they create the most dense, delicious texture and make treats super high in plant-based protein. Plus, when you mix them with the right ingredients, you can’t taste at all!
Today I’m sharing my twist on a bean-filled treat that has been making its way around the blog world for years now…the BLACK BEAN BROWNIE. But this isn’t just any black bean brownie, my Fudgy Peanut Butter Black Bean Brownies are full of rich, sweet chocolate flavor and salty peanut butter deliciousness.
Chocolate and peanut butter together is arguably the BEST combination on earth. Using the two together in this brownie recipe just makes the final product all the more decadent and crave-worthy!
Fudgy Peanut Butter Black Bean Brownies
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 9 brownies 1x
- Category: Sweet Snacks
- 1 ¼ cup black beans, rinsed and drained (210 grams)
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ cup gluten-free oat flour
- 2 tbsp NuNaturals Cocoa Stevia Syrup
- ¼ cup non-dairy milk
- ¼ cup peanut flour
- 3–4 tbsp water (or non-dairy milk)
- chocolate chips, optional
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a food processor, combine the black beans, oat flour, cocoa powder, ¼ cup non-dairy milk, and stevia syrup. Blend until evenly mixed.
- Add in the chocolate chips, if using, and blend once more to combine.
- Spread the mixture into a parchment paper-lined baking pan.
- Mix the peanut flour with 3-4 tbsp water or milk, then spread the mixture on top of the brownie batter. Sprinkle with extra chocolate chips if desired.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Let cool completely before slicing.
These Fudgy Peanut Butter Black Bean Brownies are HCLF, vegan, gluten-free, and sugar-free. But you’d never know it upon first bite. You’ll never have a healthy brownie better than these!
So when you want something sweet yet satisfying, or you have a major chocolate craving, these brownies can be your new go-to!
Have you ever baked with beans before?
What are your favorite chocolate baked goods?
Brownie or blondies? Which do you choose?Stay connected:Subscribe to Healthy HelperInstagram: HealthyHelperFacebook: Healthy HelperTwitter: @Healthy_HelperPinterest: Healthy_HelperBloglovin’: Healthy HelperTumblr: Healthy Helper BlogSnapchat: KailaProulxCheck out my travel photography on Pixels and Etsy! Shop with me on Amazon. Favorite products, fun finds, and more! Want to get FREE products for review and make money as a blogger? Check out Linqia!Vacation budget a little tight? Get a discount on your AirBnB booking!