Healthy Low-Carb Chicken Pad Thai
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 3 servings
- Category: Main Meals
- 1 lb chicken breast tenderloins, cut into chunks (or pre-cooked plain grilled chicken)
- Pure sesame oil, to taste
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup white mushrooms, chopped
- ½ bag of frozen peppers and onions, thawed
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- ½ cup Egg Beaters or egg substitute
- 8oz zucchini noodles (I got mine from Wegmans, but any local grocery store or Whole Foods should have them)
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 3 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce (make sure it’s certified gluten-free)
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp green curry paste
- Chopped peanuts for topping, optional
- In a small bowl, combine spices, soy sauce, honey, lime juice, and curry paste. Set aside.
- Drizzle sesame oil in a large frying pan and turn heat to medium. Place chicken in the pan and cook until well done. Remove cooked chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Using another drizzle of sesame oil, cook egg beaters in pan. Remove when finished and set aside with the chicken.
- With another few teaspoons of sesame oil, cook the garlic, mushrooms, peppers & onions, and carrots until soft. Add chicken and egg back to the pan, stir to combine.
- Add zucchini noodles and cook until they begin to soften. Add the sauce mixture, stir together, and cook for 3-5 more minutes.
- Serve hot and sprinkle peanuts on top, if desired.