Eggnog flavored baked oatmeal filled with healthy ingredients is perfect for a special holiday season breakfast. Vegan, gluten-free, and low in sugar, these Holiday Baked Oats will be your new favorite family breakfast.
Thanks to Bob’s Red Mill for sponsoring this tasty post!
We all know Christmas morning is hectic! If you have kids, it starts early and is often go-go-go until all the presents have been ripped open. Even if you don’t have kids, it’s still busy. Preparing for a big day with family and friends, exchanging gifts with loved ones, and getting ready for festive holiday traditions later in the day. But it’s never a good idea to start the day without some fuel!
Today I’m sharing the perfect, make-ahead breakfast dish that you can make the night (or even a few days before) and serve on Christmas morning to your family. It’s nutrient dense, packed with protein, healthy fats, and whole grains…plus it’s super simple to make and showcases the best flavors the season has to offer.
I love making baked oatmeal during a meal prep session n the weekend because it’s so easy to just throw everything in a baking dish and let it cook! I always have Bob’s Red Mill products on hand for baking, breakfasts, and meal prep…so this recipe comes together in minutes. A few of my Bob’s staples that this recipe uses include…
(Bob’s Vanilla Nutritional Booster Protein would be a GREAT addition as well!)
You get everything you need in a balanced breakfast from one dish. It’s portable, quick to eat, and can have as many or as few ingredients as you like. Not to mention the endless flavor combination possibilities.
Holiday Baked Oatmeal
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 35 mins
- Yield: 6 servings
- Category: Breakfast Foods
- 1 cup Bob’s Red Mill quick oats
- 1/4 cup Bob’s Red Mill steel cut oats
- 1/2 cup Bob’s Red Mill shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp Bob’s Red Mill flax seed or flax meal
- 1/4 cup raw chopped nuts or seeds (I used a combo of walnuts, cashews, almonds, and brazil nuts)
- 2 tbsp Bob’s Red Mill chia seeds
- I/4 cup dairy-free vanilla yogurt (I used Silk brand)
- 3/4 cup vegan Eggnog (I used Califia Farms brand)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp sea salt (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400. Mix all ingredients together until well combined. Spray a pie dish or baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Pour mixture into baking dish. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until oats are lightly golden brown on top. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator. Slice when ready to eat and serve warm.
This recipe is perfectly sweet with a nice doughy texture once it’s baked. It’s full of seasonal deliciousness from the egg nog and actually gets even more tasty the longer it sits in the fridge. So don’t be afraid to make it in advance.
It’s lovely warmed in the microwave and topped with yogurt and a drizzle maple syrup! We also enjoyed it with heated frozen blueberries and applesauce. But of course, it tastes great on its own if you’re more of a minimalist baked oatmeal eater. 😊
Here are some other yummy ideas for Christmas morning breakfast….
What’s your favorite holiday/seasonal flavor?
Are you a fan of baked oatmeal?
Does your family prepare a special breakfast on Christmas morning?Stay connected:Subscribe to Healthy HelperFacebook: Healthy HelperTwitter: @Healthy_HelperInstagram: HealthyHelperPinterest: Healthy_HelperBloglovin’: Healthy HelperGoogle+: Healthy HelperTumblr: Healthy Helper BlogSnapchat: KailaProulxWant to get FREE products for review and make money as a blogger? Check out Linqia!