Your pie dreams have come true with this pie-tart hybrid recipe! Creamy, delicious chocolate pudding finds a home within a gluten-free, vegan, fruit-sweetened crust. The heavenly mix of textures and rich taste will have you smiling all the way thru your slice (or two!)!
One of my dreams is to one day have a HUGE party where all my blogger friends from around the country (and world) attend and are able to meet in person in one place! Ideally somewhere warm, ideally somewhere with great FOOD, and ideally at a time that works for everyone’s schedule. Yeaaaaaah, I don’t think that last one is happening anytime soon. Everyone is just so dang busy being awesome! 🙂
To remedy this in the meantime, my blogging besties from the Bloggers Gonna Blog Community (you might know us as the BGBCommunity on Instagram!) have collaborated to create a virtual FRIENDSGIVING! Basically, all of your foodie and friendship dreams come true.
Everyone has come up with a signature dish, side, or dessert, that they’d bring to a Friendsgiving Feast if we were able to celebrate in person this year. How fun is that!? So even if you we can’t be together for the holidays this year, my friends and I are doing the best we can to stay connected and share in the festivities.
I racked my brain trying to determine what dish I would bring to our virtual Friendsgiving. Something traditional, a new recipe, perhaps? Main dish or a treat?
In the end, I decided to go with a new recipe that has never been shared on the blog before, but that I’ve actually had in my back pocket for over a year now! That’s right, I created this amazing dessert all the way back in 2015, but never found the right time to share it. Once you see what it is, I think you’ll agree it’s PERFECT for the holidays and for a Friendsgiving Feast.
May I present the long-awaited, Vegan Pudding Pie Tart! Another case of dessert-doubling if you can believe it! 🙂 I was tempted to just call it pie, but the crust ended up being much more tart like, so I why not combine the two?
Low-Fat Vegan Pudding Pie Tart
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 45 mins
- Yield: 1 pie (8 slices) 1x
- Category: Dessert
- 1 cup of old fashioned rolled oats, ground into flour
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tbsp potato starch
- 1/2 a ripe banana, chilled overnight
- 1/2 a ripe plantain, chilled overnight
- 2 tbsp applesauce
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- a doubled batch of Low-Fat Vegan Chocolate Pudding
- Preheat oven to 350. Combine oats, potato starch, cinnamon, and coconut flour in a large mixing bowl. Cut banana and plantain into chunks and blend together in a food processor until they are pureed. It will take a little bit of processing to get everything to incorporate. Knead plantain/banana mixture and applesauce into dry ingredients.
- Once a cohesive ball of dough is formed, take out a sheet of wax paper and sprinkle it well with flour (or your choice). Also, coat your hands in flour, coat the ball of dough in flour, and coat your rolling pin with flour (this will prevent sticking). Roll the dough out onto the parchment paper thinly and until it is as big as your pie plate.
- Spray pie plate with cooking spray or grease with coconut oil. Transfer crust to pie plate and press it into the sides to form a crust edge. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until firm but not overcooked.
- Meanwhile, prepare pudding according to instructions. Place in the refrigerator while crust is finishing in the oven.
- Remove crust from oven and let cool completely.
- Once crust is fully cooled, pour the pudding mixture inside and spread evenly. Refrigerate overnight before cutting and serving.
Pie is a MUST during the holidays and no one can argue with chocolate pudding! Especially when it’s a batch of my Low-Fat Vegan Chocolate Pudding. This classic Healthy Helper recipe uses my all time favorite tofu to….House Foods Medium Firm! No dairy or nuts required to make delicious vegan, dairy-free pudding. By using House Foods brand, the pudding turns out amazingly luxurious, creamy, and smooth.
Usually you’ll find this type of pie in a graham cracker crust, but I’ve changed things up by making a simple vegan, gluten-free, FRUIT-SWEETENED one! It’s so simple to make too.
Really, I think this is the easiest pie you’ll ever make. Well aside from picking up a store-bought one. 😉 But homemade is just so much better (and healthier!)!
Now that you have my special Friendsgiving creation, be sure to check out all the other lovely ladies who have linked up for this special holiday roundup! Your entire holiday menu can be planned using these awesome recipes!
Do you get to spend the holidays with your close friends?
What would you bring to a Friendsgiving feast?
What’s your favorite type of holiday pie?Stay connected:Subscribe to Healthy HelperInstagram: HealthyHelperFacebook: Healthy HelperTwitter: @Healthy_HelperPinterest: Healthy_HelperBloglovin’: Healthy HelperTumblr: Healthy Helper BlogSnapchat: KailaProulxCheck out my travel photography on Pixels and Etsy! Shop with me on Amazon. Favorite products, fun finds, and more! Want to get FREE products for review and make money as a blogger? Check out Linqia!Vacation budget a little tight? Get a discount on your AirBnB booking!
Linking up with: Allergy Free Wednesdays, #RecipeOfTheWeek,#StrangeButGood,Real Food Friday, Gluten-Free Fridays,Tasty Tuesdays,Savoring Saturdays, Healthy Vegan Fridays, Tasty Tuesdays, Meatless Mondays,Full Plate Thursday, JillConyers,Meatless Mondays!