The best DOUBLE DESSERT you’ll ever have! Luscious peanut butter blondies meet decadent chocolate chunk brownies in this amazing dessert recipe. Vegan, gluten-free, and Medjool date-sweetened…these are the sweet treat you can feel great about indulging in!
You guys. You’re in for a treat today.
Today I am sharing possibly my BEST sweet recipe EVER. That’s right. The number one recipe ever shared on Healthy Helper. It definitely is one my all time favorites and I think it will be one of yours too. I am mean…how can you go wrong when you combine chocolate and peanut butter?
But those two amazing foods aren’t the only things being combined in this stunner of a snack….no sir! We are also doing a little ‘dessert-doubling’ as well. I’ve done before and I’ll continue to do it! Remember my Blondie Donuts? My Pudding Pie Tart? Well, today you’re getting PEANUT BUTTER BLONDIE BROWNIES. All I can say is YAS.
And if that didn’t sound good enough…we’re also having a party on the blog to celebrate National Peanut Month! Is this not the best post ever!?
A few of my food blogger friends and I have teamed up to bring you 6 delicious peanut butter-y recipes that are vegan, totally healthy, and positively delicious! Here’s what the other girls have whipped up….
Peanut Butter Chunk Nice Cream from Natalie of Feasting on Fruit
Peanut Butter Cheesecake Brownie Cups from Kim of The Coconut Diaries
Raw Peanut Butter Banoffee Tarts from Jess of Choosing Chia
Chocolate Chunk Coconut Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies from Leah of Love Me Feed Me
Peanut Butter Banana Scones from Rachel & Bethany from Athletic Avocado
And of course…MY Peanut Butter Blondie Brownies!
If I couldn’t love this recipe any more, the fact that it’s sweetened with my favorite Natural Delights Medjool dates takes the cake (or in this case brownies!). No need for any added sugars or artificial sweeteners when you have soft, fresh, amazingly sweet Medjool dates from Natural Delights.
Peanut Butter Blondie Brownies
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 35 mins
- Total Time: 55 mins
- Yield: 9 brownies
- Category: Dessert
- For Brownie Layer
- 1 cup oat flour
- 8 Natural Delights Medjool dates + ¾ cup water, pureed together (125 grams)
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa
- ½ tsp vanilla bean powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips (22 grams)
- water, as needed to thin batter
- For Blondie Layer
- 1 cup peanut flour
- 1 cup chickpeas, rinsed, drained, and patted dry
- 1 ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- Sliced Medjool dates (optional)
- More chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350. Line an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper. In a large bowl combine oat flour, cocoa, baking powder + baking soda, and vanilla bean powder. Pour in Medjool date puree. Mix together until evenly combined. Fold in chocolate chips and stir. Set aside.
- In food processor combine chickpeas and applesauce. In a bowl, place peanut flour and pour in applesauce mixture. Stir until evenly combined. Pour peanut batter into baking dish, spread evenly throughout. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Spread brownie mixture on top of the blondie layer in the baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, let cool on a wire rack, slice, and serve with banana ice cream for a fully vegan dessert!
Vegan, gluten-free, and so incredibly addicting. The taste, the two different textures in each of the layers, and the amazingly healthy ingredients…I just can’t get over how good these are. I am a little ashamed to admit how fast I went thru this batch….and the second one I made. 😉
My favorite way to eat them? Wish extra peanut butter spread on top of course! Would I have it any other way? And since it’s National Peanut Month, I have even more of an excuse to spread it on THICK. I think you’ll do the same once you try these for yourself!
How are you celebrating National Peanut Month?
Which recipe do you most want to try?Stay connected:Subscribe to Healthy HelperFacebook: Healthy HelperTwitter: @Healthy_HelperInstagram: HealthyHelperPinterest: Healthy_HelperBloglovin’: Healthy HelperGoogle+: Healthy HelperTumblr: Healthy Helper BlogSnapchat: KailaProulxWant to get FREE products for review and make money as a blogger? Check out Linqia!
Linking up with: Allergy Free Wednesdays, #RecipeOfTheWeek,#StrangeButGood,Real Food Friday, Gluten-Free Fridays,Tasty Tuesdays,Savoring Saturdays, Healthy Vegan Fridays, Tasty Tuesdays, Meatless Mondays,Full Plate Thursday, JillConyers,Meatless Mondays!