Delightfully chewy n’ light paleo cookies made with almond flour and no added sugars! Studded with sweet cranberries and salty shelled pistachios, these cookies are vegan, gluten/grain-free, and perfect for the holiday season! A healthy, delicious addition to your dessert table.
ALERT ALERT!! Do not leave your kitchen. Do not finalize your dessert menu for Easter. Do not complete your holiday baking just yet! Believe me, you won’t want to once you see what I have to share with you today.
Easter treats. They go with they go with springtime like salt goes with pepper. Truly the most popular spring holiday isn’t complete (or even REAL!) without baking at least a few batches of your favorites. So far I’ve shared two delicious dessert recipes this season, my Peanut Butter Blondie Brownies and my vegan take on classic coffee cake, but I couldn’t let Easter come and go without fitting in at least one more treat. The ULTIMATE Easter cookie in my opinion.
Not only are its ingredients the colorful just like spring (ruby-red cranberries and bright green pistachios), but they’re also the healthiest, most tasty cookies you’ll make this season. Light, chewy, and studded with superfood mix-ins!
These cookies have only 6 simple ingredients, are 100% paleo and vegan, and are refined sugar-free. Easy, healthy, and so so good. I’ve already made several batches and NONE of them are going to make it to Easter. Guess I’ll just have to make more! (Hey, you don’t hear me complaining! 😉 )
The star of this recipe is the almond flour! I used Bob’s Red Mill SUPER FINE Almond Flour to make these and little did I know, as I was mixing things together, that it was totally perfect for the consistency I was hoping to achieve. Crunchy on the outside, soft and chewy on the inside. The buttery almond flour pairs so nicely with the sweet cranberries and nutty pistachios. Not to mention the cookies just LOOK pretty, all thanks to nice way almond flour bakes up in oven!
As you know, Bob’s products are the ONLY ingredients bake with! They’re just so high quality and consistent in their amazing taste. Not only that, but they have such a WIDE variety of products to choose from. Seriously…whether you’re gluten-free, paleo, vegan, or all of the above, Bob has you covered. And these cookies prove that!
I could go on and on about my favorite baking ingredients as I use them almost everyday, but I know you all are anxiously awaiting the one final cookie recipe you need before Easter. Don’t worry, the wait is over. The quintessential cookie for the holiday is here.
Pistachio Cranberry Almond Flour Cookies
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 12 mins
- Total Time: 22 mins
- Yield: 10-12 cookies
- Category: Dessert
- 2 cups Bob’s Red Mill Super-Fine almond flour(about 230 grams)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp REAL maple syrup
- 1 tbsp blackstrap molasses
- 1 tsp vanilla bean powder
- 1/3 cup shelled pistachios, chopped (can be roasted and salted)
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix the almond flour, vanilla powder, and baking powder together in a mixing bowl. Stir in the maple syrup and molasses. Stir until a sticky dough forms and holds together. Fold in dried cranberries and pistachios and mix until evenly combined.
- Drop heaping tablespoons of the dough onto the prepared baking sheet, at least one inch apart. To make the cookies crispier, press down the dough lightly with the flat bottom spatula or cup bottom.
- Bake until the edges are golden brown, about 12 minutes. Allow the cookies to cool on the pan for about 3 minutes, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Grain-free, superfood packed, and full of sweet n’ salty deliciousness. These cookies certainly deserve a place on your dessert table whether it’s the Easter brunch or just a celebration of spring. But I can almost guarantee they will be your new favorite of the season for many years to come!
Have a lovely holiday, friends! And if you don’t celebrate, enjoy the spring for all it is on its own! Cookies are fun to bake no matter what the occasion is.
Is your Easter baking underway? It better be!!
What’s your favorite Easter treat?
Are you a Bob’s fan like me?Stay connected:Subscribe to Healthy HelperFacebook: Healthy HelperTwitter: @Healthy_HelperInstagram: HealthyHelperPinterest: Healthy_HelperBloglovin’: Healthy HelperGoogle+: Healthy HelperTumblr: Healthy Helper BlogSnapchat: KailaProulxWant to get FREE products for review and make money as a blogger? Check out Linqia!
Linking up with: Allergy Free Wednesdays, #RecipeOfTheWeek,#StrangeButGood,Real Food Friday, Gluten-Free Fridays,Tasty Tuesdays,Savoring Saturdays, Healthy Vegan Fridays, Tasty Tuesdays, Meatless Mondays,Full Plate Thursday, JillConyers,Meatless Mondays!