A hearty chili with the perfect combination of spices and fresh ingredients. A little sweet, a little spicy, and packed with healthy ingredients. Easily made in the Instant Pot and a total crowd pleaser.
All this month (and really for the rest of the year!), I am making it my MISSION to show all of you that healthy eating can be easy, affordable, and delicious.
In reality, healthy eating = simple eating. Sure, there are a lot of fancy, specialty “health foods” out on the market. But when it comes down to it, simple, whole foods are what you want the bulk of your diet to be made up of. And if you can, opting for organic foods is a total BONUS!
For all my local friends, Tops (as apart of their Aloha, Healthy New Year’s campaign) has 100s of ORGANIC products on sale. I bet you didn’t even know that Tops was such a goldmine for getting affordable organics? (They also have a great selection of gluten-free and vegan products…but will get to those over the next few months! 😉)
Well, now you know and you better take advantage while these deals last! From 1/13 to 2/2, you can get everything from organic bread and cereal to organic fruits and organics veggies for great prices.
Now you may be thinking, “Why Organic?”.
Aside from being grown and treated with less pesticides, organic foods often have more readily available and absorbable nutrients, such as antioxidants, than conventionally grown products. Studies have shown that people with allergies to foods, chemicals, or preservatives see their symptoms lessen or completely subside when they eat exclusively organic.
Organic doesn’t mean expensive
Just like healthy eating doesn’t have to break the bank, neither does buying organic products. Tops proves that with their daily deals on organic foods and today I am sharing a delicious chili recipe made entirely from organic foods that can be found in-store at your local store.
My Sweet and Spicy Instant Pot Chicken Chili is filled with fresh organic veggies, seasoned with organic spices, and protein packed with lean organic chicken and beans. Plus, you can’t beat the perfect balance of sweet and spicy flavor in every bite!
Sweet and Spicy Instant Pot Chicken Chili
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 35 mins
- Yield: 6-8 servings
- Category: Soups & Stews
- 3 5oz cans of organic chicken breast, drained
- 1 can Full Circle organic black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can Full Circle organic pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 32 oz Full Circle organic diced tomatoes
- 2 organic bell peppers (red or orange), diced
- 1 organic zucchini, diced
- 8 oz organic white mushrooms, chopped
- 1 organic sweet potato or yam, skinned and cut into small cubes
- 12 oz Full Circle organic chicken broth
- 1 jar of Full Circle organic pineapple salsa
- 1.5 tsp organic cumin
- 2 tsp organic chili powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Optional toppings: low-fat organic cheese, organic avocados, organic corn tortilla chips
- Turn on Instant Pot and set to manual. Cut sweet potato and place on a microwave safe dish. Microwave on high for 4-5 minutes until softened. Place all ingredients in the Instant Pot and stir to evenly combine everything. Place Instant Pot top on and set the timer for 25 minutes.
- When the timer runs out, vent the Instant Pot. When done venting, serve the chili warm with organic cheese, organic sliced avocado, and organic corn tortilla chips.
This chili is naturally gluten-free, low-fat, high in fiber, full of lean protein, and comes together in less than a half hour. A great option for an easy weeknight meal the whole family will love or to meal prep on the weekend for quick lunches all week-long. And who doesn’t love a piping hot bowl of chili in the dead of a Buffalo winter? 😋
As I mentioned, all of the ingredients in the above recipe can be found at Tops and all of the ingredients are certified ORGANIC.
What healthy eating is not: hard, boring, tasteless, or expensive.
What healthy eating is: easy, affordable, delicious, and energizing.
So have I convinced ya? Are you read to say ‘Aloha, Healthy‘ in 2019?! 😀👋🏻
What are your health goals for the new year?
Do you opt for organic products when you shop?
What’s one small thing you can do today to live healthier?Stay connected:Subscribe to Healthy HelperFacebook: Healthy HelperTwitter: @Healthy_HelperInstagram: HealthyHelperPinterest: Healthy_HelperBloglovin’: Healthy HelperGoogle+: Healthy HelperTumblr: Healthy Helper BlogSnapchat: KailaProulxWant to get FREE products for review and make money as a blogger? Check out Linqia!