HCLF Vegan Cream of Broccoli Soup
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 40 mins
- Yield: 4 servings
- Category: Soups & Stews
- 1 medium Yukon gold potato, peeled and cubed
- 2-3 cups frozen broccoli (2 16 oz bags)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 yellow or white onion (about 100 grams)
- 3 stalks of celery
- 2-3 cups of spinach (half a bag of frozen spinach)
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 cups of vegetable broth
- 1 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Boil potato until soft.
- Roughly chop the garlic, onion, and celery.
- Dry-sauté garlic and onion over medium heat until the garlic toasts slightly, then add the broth, broccoli, celery, potato, and spinach. Simmer until soft.
- Remove from heat, and add to blender along with nutritional yeast and milk. Blend until smooth and creamy. Add more broth and/or almond milk as necessary to get soup to the consistency you prefer.