There is no better combo than peanut butter and chocolate! These cookies have both of those delicious ingredients and are perfect for sharing with friends & family during the holidays. Vegan, gluten-free, and full of plant-based protein!
You know what I love about the holiday season? All the generosity! Surprise packages in the mail, a nice note from a friend, family bringing over a tray of cookies or loaf of bread! It’s all just so nice and comforting. And even more than receiving surprise treats from loved ones, I enjoy GIVING them myself.
There’s nothing better than waking up early on a weekend morning, baking a a few batches of your favorite cookies, packaging them up to send to family & friends near and far.
For the first time ever, I am participating in a holiday cookie exchange! How exciting is that!? But it’s not just any round-robin exchange. It’s extra special because it involves my lovely ladies from the Bloggers Gonna Blog community! My best blogging buddies, if you will.
I love these ladies so much and it’s so nice to be able to share in the holiday festivities in this way. Remember in November when we teamed up for Friendsgiving? Well this roundup is along the same lines!
We’ve all created a signature cookie recipe that we would share with each other if we were fortunate enough to live in the same vicinity. If shipping we’re not object and cookies weren’t perishable, I’m sure we’d actually send some to each other too!
For this cookie exchange, I created a fun healthy, vegan twist on a classic Christmas cookie! Behold the Peanut Butter Blossom…
I used my Apple Pie Blossom Cookies as the inspiration for these treats and I have to say they came out BETTER than expected! Can you really go wrong with peanut butter and chocolate though? I think not.
Vegan Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 13 mins
- Total Time: 23 mins
- Yield: 12 cookies
- Category: Sweet Snacks
- 100 grams chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tbsp natural peanut butter
- 1 cup gluten-free oat flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp vanilla bean powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp peanut flour/powder
- 12 vegan chocolate chips, set aside
- Preheat oven to 350. In a food processor, combine applesauce, peanut butter, and chickpeas. Blend until smooth. In a separate bowl combine oat flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, vanilla, and peanut flour. Mix wet and dry ingredients together until a ball of dough is formed (it may be slightly sticky). Roll dough into 12 evenly sized balls with your hands and place them on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Press down on the cookies with your finger or thumb to create a slight indent in the middle of them. Bake the cookies for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, remove the cookies from the oven and put 1 chocolate chip in each indent. Return cookies to oven and bake for another 8 minutes. Remove from oven and let cookies cool on a wire rack before serving.
Gluten-free, high-carb low-fat vegan, and fruit-sweetened, these cookies deserve a place on your holiday dessert table or within your own cookie exchange! Peanut butter-y, doughy, and simply delicious. Plus the little morsel of chocolate on top is just enough to give you that chocolate fix you always need. Or at least I always need! 😉
I’ve already gone thru two batches of these and I think I’ll have to make another soon! That is, after I whip up a few batches of all the amazing cookies from my friends…let’s see what they’ve made!
Sweet and Spicy Peanut Butter Buds from Ellie @ Hungry By Nature
Superfood Overnight Thumbprint Cookies from Allie @ Miss Allie’s Kitchen
Bailey’s Chocolate Chip Cookies from Kara @ Byte Sized Nutrition
Snickerdoodles with Dark Chocolate Drizzle from Ellen @ My Uncommon Everyday
Chocolate Kissed Gingerbread Cookies from Emily @ Beauty In Christ
Almond Butter Shortbread Cookies from Jess L @ Plays Well With Butter
Pretty freaking FANTASTIC, right?! I seriously can’t choose which to make first! Hmmm, how about I make them all and host a cookie party at my house? Sound good? You’re all invited, by the way! 😉
PS: DID YOU KNOW IT’S NATIONAL COOKIE DAY!? How perfect for our roundup, right?
Have you ever taken part in a cookie exchange?
What’s your favorite Christmas/holiday cookie?
Which cookie do you most want to make?Stay connected:Subscribe to Healthy HelperFacebook: Healthy HelperTwitter: @Healthy_HelperInstagram: HealthyHelperPinterest: Healthy_HelperBloglovin’: Healthy HelperGoogle+: Healthy HelperTumblr: Healthy Helper BlogSnapchat: KailaProulxWant to get FREE products for review and make money as a blogger? Check out Linqia!
Linking up with: Allergy Free Wednesdays, #RecipeOfTheWeek,#StrangeButGood,Real Food Friday, Gluten-Free Fridays,Tasty Tuesdays,Savoring Saturdays, Healthy Vegan Fridays, Tasty Tuesdays, Meatless Mondays,Full Plate Thursday, JillConyers,Meatless Mondays!