Hearty and healthy, this Vegan ChickPEA Noodle Soup will be your new favorite plant-based alternative to traditional chicken noodle soup! Full of vegetables, plant-based protein, and whole grains, this soup will fill you up, keep you satisfied, and nourish your body all in one bowl. Gluten-free, low-fat, and super easy to make in the Instant Pot!
Flu season is in full swing. It seems like everyone around me is dropping like flies! A few friends have missed running group for the past few weeks in a row and my cousin was hospitalized for 3 days because it got so bad.
I, for one, never get a flu shot, but I am sort of considering it since this season’s strain seems especially bad.
Whenever I am sick, no matter if it’s a little cold or a harsh flu, I crave my mom’s homemade soups. She’s been making a different to have each week for as long as I remember. Now that I don’t live at home anymore, I miss hearing those nourishing bowls of soup, especially when I am sick.
She’s made some “hall of famers” (that’s what my dad always refers to as her best recipes) over the years, but really I’ve never had a soup from my mom that I haven’t liked.
Her classic chicken noodle is probably my all time favorite though! So much in fact, that I thought I’d try to recreate it into a vegan version so that everyone can enjoy its deliciousness.
My Vegan ChickPEA Noodle Soup is bursting with all the flavor you love about classic chicken noodle soup but with no animal products and no gluten. Even better, it’s made in the Instant Pot. Making it SOUPer easy to throw together when you’re in a hurry!
Instant Pot Vegan ChickPEA Noodle Soup
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 50 mins
- Yield: 4
- Category: Soups & Stews
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 10 cups no-chicken chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning or poultry seasoning, divided in half
- 1 cup carrots, sliced into rounds
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped kale
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 to 8 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1½ cups brown rice spiral noodles (or pasta of choice)
- 1 tablespoon chickpea or yellow miso
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Prepare the chickpeas: Drain and rinse the canned chickpeas. Preheat oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. In a small bowl, toss together the chickpeas, 1/2 teaspoon of Italian seasoning, and 2 tablespoons of vegetable broth. Spread onto the baking tray and roast for 20-30 minutes or until golden, flipping halfway through. Cool completely and then set aside.
- Turn your Instant Pot to the sauté setting.
- Add a few tablespoons of broth, the onion, kale, carrots and celery and saute for 3 minutes until the onion softens and becomes translucent.
- Season with salt and pepper, add the thyme, miso, and remaining seasoning, and stir. Pour in the rest of the broth. Add the chickpeas.
- Close the lid. Set the Instant Pot to the Soup setting and set the timer to 7 minutes.
- Once the Instant Pot cycle is complete, wait until the natural release cycle is complete, should take about 10 minutes. Follow the manufacturer’s guide for quick release, if in a rush. Carefully unlock and remove the lid from the instant pot.
- Add the noodles to the soup and set the Instant Pot to the saute setting again. Cook for another 8 minutes uncovered, or until the noodles are cooked.
- Turn off the Instant Pot, by pressing the cancel button. Taste for seasoning and adjust as necessary. Garnish with fresh parsley if desired.
Unlike traditional chicken noodle soup, my recipe is BURSTING with extra nutrients from the chopped kale, plant-based protein from the roasted chickpeas, and whole grain fiber from the noodles! It’s thick n’ chunky, hearty, and satisfying.
A bowl of this goodness will set you right even if you just have a tiny tickle or sniffle!
What’s your favorite food when you’re sick?
Are you a soup lover like me?
Have you made anything in the Instant Pot before?Stay connected:Subscribe to Healthy HelperFacebook: Healthy HelperTwitter: @Healthy_HelperInstagram: HealthyHelperPinterest: Healthy_HelperBloglovin’: Healthy HelperGoogle+: Healthy HelperTumblr: Healthy Helper BlogSnapchat: KailaProulxWant to get FREE products for review and make money as a blogger? Check out Linqia!